Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas!

Christmas will be here in just a few short days.

I am going to use this time to help myself (and hopefully others) to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

My friend just had her baby yesterday.

She had a natural birth. It wasn't planned that way, but it just happened.

Mary, Jesus' mother, had her baby boy in a stable where it is dirty, cold, and there were no pain meds.

And Mary did not have much choice in the matter either. She was chosen by God to give birth to Jesus and to be his mother.

She did it though, and she did it with a loving heart and was ready to battle what may with all of her might to make sure that her and her new baby were safe.

Not only did she obey God, but she did it with a happy heart.

I want to be more like Mary - I want to be able to obey God and have a happy heart.

I want to learn to be happy with my life every day. Not just every once in a while when I have a good day. I want to have a happy heart and cherish even the bad days.

No comments: