Friday, May 20, 2011

Anger

Lately, I have noticed that I have become quite the angry person.

Now, let me tell you, I am NOT an angry person at all. Before everything started to get rolling, I was always happy and pretty laid back. I miss feeling like that. I miss feeling normal.

Normal for everyone is different, so I know that some people are probably thinking, "there is no such thing as normal." Well, I miss MY normal. Normal for me is the way I used to feel.

But, on the bright side of things...
I talked to my counselor and did some research and found out that anger is close to the end of this crazy, tiring, and painful climb to healthy. I like to think of this journey as climbing up a mountain and I can't wait until I get to the top and can spread my arms knowing that I did it and can breathe easy.

I know that just because on paper this is supposedly close to the end of this journey (I think I have about 2 more phases to go through.) that that is not necessarily so. I know that I still have some work to do, but I am finding out more and more every day that it is worth it.

It is worth going through the anger and the depression. I know that someday I am going to finally feel good and be my normal again, and I can't wait.

-Lara

No comments: