Friday, May 13, 2011

To Go To the Doctor or Not To Go

That is the question.

I finally got my dad to open up a bit and talk to me today. I don't feel as relieved as I thought, but we're working on trying to talk more about what happened and open up more to each other and try to build a healthy way to get through this.

But...

My depression is not getting any better. My dad told me that maybe I should see my doctor. I was dead set on NOT seeing the doctor.

A friend of mine though told me that it might be a good idea. I just need to work on getting over the stigma of needing meds to work on my depression. This is going to be hard to get over.

It is late though, and this girl needs sleep.

What are your thoughts on meds for depression? Have you tried any? I could use any advice I can get!

-Lara

No comments: