Sunday, May 8, 2011

Good Days vs Bad Days

So, I have found myself starting to classify my days as either being mostly good or mostly bad. Not good or bad as in I lost something or broke something, but my emotions and how I overall feel.

When I first told anyone about what had happened at the end of last month, I had two or three terrible weeks. I was a zombie of sorts. I couldn't concentrate in class and I had no personality. Now I have terrible days instead of terrible weeks. That is definately a step in the right direction!

On my bad days I want to stay by myself and cry. But, I took some much needed advice from a friend and found that these things make my bad days a little less bad.
  • Surround yourself with people you love-don't be alone. It makes things worse.
  • Laugh! Try to laugh. Look at funny things on the internet, watch funny movies, anything to laugh at little.
  • Get some vitamin D. It is proven to make you in a better mood.
  • Doing stress and anxiety relieving breathing exercises. There are a ton online!
These things, I found, work for me the best to make my bad days not so bad. It doesn't make it all better and sunshine and rainbows, but it doesn't make it worse!

What helps you?

-Lara

No comments: