Saturday, May 14, 2011

To Quote the Beatles...

"Help! I need somebody! Help!"

I know from experience that one of the hardest things to do is ask for help. Even though you know it will make you better, it is hard to ask for it. It means admitting that you have a problem.

I personally have problems seeing the counselor I go to. I need to have someone help me get there and ensure that I actually go. It scares me to go. I know that she is helping me and I certainly want the help, but it scares the poo out of me to go see her once a week.

I know that I also have a problem with feeling like a burden to people when I ask to talk to them to just things off my chest. It makes things harder because I feel that no one wants to listen or help me. I know that isn't true, but that is not how I feel. I am sure that I am really not a burden to my friends and family, but it can really feel that way.

I am trying to learn how to deal with things when I know I have to do it alone. Your friends and family will be there for you, but they can't be there all the time. They have lives too. When asking someone for time to talk and they say that they are busy and can't, it can be hard to deal with the rejection of not feeling like you are worth their time (you really are).

To get through that feeling of rejection and like they don't care about you I stop and think.
  • If they didn't care-why would they have helped you previously?
It is a good point to stop and just think about and know that they really do care.

Getting help can be hard, but it is definitely worth it.

No comments: