Friday, May 27, 2011

Flashbacks

I have never had experiences with flashbacks before. This is new for me. It is unlike anything I have ever felt before. The only way I can describe it would have to be to compare it to the feeling of taking a lot of Benadryl and falling asleep. I know that that only happens to some people, but that is how it felt for me.

I was able to hear everything that was being said, but I couldn't respond. Eventually, though, I couldn't hear anything and I lost sense of where I was and what was going on and slipped into another place and time. It was an out of body experience. That is how it feels when I take too much Benadryl. I can hear things, but my body won't respond to them. I've been told that I sometimes talk or move my mouth like I am talking when they happen.

I was concerned with these flashbacks, so I called my doctor. I guess they are normal for someone who went through what I did. She said that just like the nightmares, these too will lessen and eventually die away.

All I know is that the flashbacks are unlike anything I've ever experienced and scare me every time.

Anybody had experience with flashbacks? Any advice?

-Lara

No comments: