Sunday, August 21, 2011

Game Plan

So, I have been having some problems lately.

I am back at school, like I said in my last post. I was doing really well considering me moving again from home and such. You know, the usual.

I needed a plan. I broke down in the middle of rehearsal during band camp. I couldn't do it. I was having flashbacks back to back and I was going to lose it. I was tired and school didn't even start yet.

So, my therapist and I worked out a "game plan" to help me out in the future with flashbacks and to help me ground myself.

Here is the plan:
  • I have to choose 3 adults and 3 friends whom I trust.
  • Each person gets a different job, but an adult and friend will share a job, so that I have two people to help out. It was stressed that it is imperative that adults are involved because of how no one listened to me when everything was happening back when it happened.
  • There are three jobs total. #1-to tell me physical truths, #2-to tell me emotional truths, and #3-to touch me (safely) and tell me who they are, where we are, and what is around us to keep me in the here and now.
That is the plan of action. I will let you know if it works!

What do you think?

-Lara

No comments: