Sunday, August 28, 2011

Memories

Everyone has memories.



I have some great ones. I have had so many amazing experiences and great times with friends that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Why is it though, that for every bad moment we have in our lives, we need about 20 good and happy memories to counteract it? Why is it harder to remember bad memories than good ones?

I have been pondering this lately.

I am going to therapy because of all that happened to me. All of these bad memories have been flooding me lately and sometimes it feels nearly impossible to function.

My thoughts on this (take them or leave them) are that it is human to recall terrible memories. It is what makes us human. It takes learning and accepting what has happened to be able to not need all of the millions and millions of good memories to overtake the bad ones.

What do you think?

-Lara

No comments: