Monday, July 4, 2011

Not Everyone Helps

I had a realization last night. I think I knew this all along, but it just really kicked in last night.

Not everyone helps you. Not everyone WANTS to help you.

I know it sounds kind of terrible to say that not everyone wants the best for you and wants you to get better, but it is true. Some people just don't care how you feel and how well you are doing in this process.

I came to realize this last night when I was talking to a friend online who has gone through what similar stuff I have been through, except he is a guy. We were talking and I don't know if what happened to him just made him the way he is, but he was very straight forward and blunt. He didn't care how his words would affect you or how you took what he said. All he knew was that what he was saying was making him feel better.

To me, that is selfish. In my opinion, when you are talking to someone and trying to make them feel better about what they are going through, that is all you should really be caring about. Don't try to get the most out of it for yourself. It should be a give and take kind of situation. I was doing a lot of giving and wasn't getting much in return and I really don't think he cared.

This bothered me for a while. Unfortunately, when I was talking to him, it was right before I was going to go to sleep, so this was on my mind for a while until I could come to a reasonable explanation as to why someone who has gone through hell wouldn't want to help someone else who has the same feeling. It baffles me, but I guess everyone was brought up differently and has different backgrounds. I guess I just have to respect that, so that is what I am trying to do.

I dare you to make a difference and lend a helping hand to those who are suffering in an emotional way and be there to listen, dry tears, and do whatever they ask of you.



So, remember, not everyone has your best interest at heart and really don't give a crap what happens to you. In my opinion though, those people aren't worth your time and effort, so do what they are doing to you and just let them go.

What do YOU think?

-Lara

No comments: