Thursday, June 9, 2011

Monday Night

So, Monday, I went to a friend's house. I had a great time. I had the perfect day. Sure, I had some flashbacks in the morning, but that isn't very different than usual.

That night, I freaked out. That is putting it lightly.

I didn't know what to do with myself. I was crying, rocking back and forth, and talking to myself (trying to calm myself down, of course).

I could take the emotional part of what I was going through by calming myself down and telling myself I was safe and such. What I couldn't take though, was the sensations that I was feeling. I could see him, feel him touching me, hear him, and even smell him. I thought for sure I was going crazy!

Yesterday, I went to my counseling session and found out that what I went through is called a "flooding of emotions." My counselor told me that it is actually a good thing I went through what I did because it means that my mind is now ready to handle the emotions of what happened to me. I was dealing with more factual things that happened to me before, but now I am trying to work through the emotions of what happened. The emotions is actually a lot harder than the factual stuff because with the emotions comes the sensations and the use of all of my senses to bring the emotions. This make sense? I certainly hope so!

Has anyone had experiences like this?

No comments: